This inservice discusses how religion is linked to health care and the well being of your clients and gives nurse aides an overview of the six most commonly practiced religions in the world. Your aides will learn how to meet their clients’ spiritual needs, how to serve clients with tolerance and respect regardless of their religious beliefs and how to communicate with clients about religion and spirituality.
- Recognize the important link between religion and health care.
- Identify general themes associated with the world’s most common religions.
- Apply practical skills in caring for clients from diverse religious backgrounds.
- Employ respect and tolerance for co-workers and clients from diverse religious backgrounds.
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse religious backgrounds.