Incontinence is one of the main reason’s family caregivers seek professional help with caring for their loved ones. That’s why it’s so important that your caregivers remain ‘in the know’ about what they can do to help. This course serves as a review of incontinence and how caregivers can help clients who suffer from it.
- Define incontinence of bowel and bladder.
- Discuss the risk factors associated with incontinence.
- Explain how you can help prevent incontinence and the complications associated with it.
- Monitor incontinent clients for symptoms of UTI and report appropriately so treatment can be started.
- Apply at least three new skills learned that can help incontinent clients in their everyday lives.