Did you know that half of all workplace violence victims are healthcare workers? This important inservice explains the types of workplace violence and why healthcare workers are most at risk. It also includes tips for handling aggressive people, what to do if you feel threatened or are threatened and how to stay safe both in healthcare facilities and in the community.
- Describe behaviors that are considered workplace violence.
- List four types of workplace violence.
- Demonstrate three strategies for handling aggressive people.
- Develop an action plan for handling threatening or violent situations at work.
- Demonstrate effective incident reporting of a threatening or violent situation, and understand the need to do so.