Basic information on hospice, including the history and philosophy of hospice care. Includes a description of the services provided by most hospice programs and tips for how aides can help hospice patients regardless of the hospice location.
- Discuss the basic principles of hospice care and why it can be beneficial as a client nears the end of life.
- Discuss the difficult factors that go into making a decision to choose hospice.
- Describe how to care for the whole family in hospice.
- Describe palliative care and how it relates to hospice.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the terminally ill in your daily work with hospice clients.