This module provides caregivers with information about the five components of wellness and explains how wellness extends beyond the physical. It includes information and tips on dealing with stress, getting enough sleep, eating right, controlling weight, getting exercise, staying hydrated, and giving up bad habits like tobacco. Learners will review the importance of knowing their family health history and be encouraged to take steps toward improving their own wellness.
- Describe the five components of personal wellness.
- Describe the four skills that help you manage stress.
- List at least five health consequences of being overweight.
- Discuss at least three of the 2015-2020 healthy eating guidelines.
- Describe the four components of physical fitness.
- Discuss your own personal wellness goals.