This course is filled with tip after tip for keeping both clients and caregivers safe in the home environment. It includes information about preventing falls, kitchen safety, bed and bath safety, fire safety and how to plan for disasters. It also reviews the National Patient Safety Goals. Great for every home care and hospice organization!
- Discuss which clients are most at risk for accidental injury.
- Name at least two National Patient Safety Goals and discuss how they are being met at your workplace.
- Discuss at least three ways to prevent falls.
- Describe how you would help your clients during a fire or other emergency.
- Demonstrate at least twelve home care safety tips as you provide your client care.