This module stresses the importance of mobility for all clients and discusses the factors that can lead to a loss of mobility. Caregivers will review positioning, safe transfers, ambulation techniques and range of motion exercises. The module also provides tips for making mobility safe…and fun!
- Define mobility and list three important reasons why it matters.
- List at least six things that can lead to a decrease or loss of mobility.
- Discuss the importance of proper positioning and range of motion exercises on maintaining and regaining mobility.
- Describe at least three safe ways to ambulate clients who have varying degrees of weakness.
- Develop a plan to make mobility safe and fun for the clients under your care.