This course explains the importance of OSHA in the healthcare workplace. Caregivers will review OSHA’s Safe Patient Handling Standards and Bloodborne Pathogen Standards. The inservice also addresses workplace violence, employee fall prevention, and chemical hazard safety. Aides will also learn what to do if they are injured on the job.
- Explain the importance of OSHA’s role in the healthcare workplace.
- Describe OSHA’s Safe Patient Handling Standards and explain why they are so important.
- Apply OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen Standards at all times, with every patient.
- Discuss every healthcare worker’s rights and responsibilities in keeping safe from falls and chemical hazards.
- Practice safely by following all OSHA Standards in your daily work.