Working with Infants
An overview of best practices and common sense advice on caring for the unique needs of infants.
This module walks caregivers through best practices and common sense care for the unique needs of infants. It includes advice on eating, sleeping, playing, and crying. In addition, caregivers will learn all about milestones, safety, and common medical problems seen in infants.
- List at least two ways you can help with both breast and bottle feeding.
- Describe the safest position for a sleeping baby.
- Describe at least 3 ways to “play” with a baby and tell why play is so important.
- Demonstrate changing a diaper, dressing and caring for a baby’s sensitive skin.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to common childhood illnesses, including reflux, fever, thrush and ear infections.