Caregivers who visit clients during cold winter months will get an overview of winter weather terms, the dangers of hypothermia and frostbite, and tips for driving safely during winter weather. It also includes information on what to do if you are stranded on the road and how to keep clients safe during inclement weather.
- Describe at least six winter weather terms.
- List the symptoms of and treatment for hypothermia.
- Discuss how to spot and treat frostbite.
- List at least four items to include in emergency and survival kits.
- Describe at least three preparations you should make when a winter storm is coming.
- Demonstrate your understanding of staying safe during winter weather.