This course provides caregivers with an overview of the urinary system; the causes, symptoms and risk factors for UTI; the steps for obtaining a urine sample; the treatment of urinary tract infections; possible complications of UTIs; information about incontinence and catheters; and how nurse aides can help prevent this common infection.
- Discuss the main structures and functions of the urinary system.
- Describe how bacteria can get into the urinary system and the best ways to prevent it.
- List at least three symptoms of a UTI.
- Examine the link between incontinence and UTIs.
- Demonstrate how to recognize, prevent and treat UTIs in your daily work.