An overview of the risk factors and warning signs of suicidal behavior.
An overview of the risk factors and warning signs of suicidal behavior. Includes information about how illness, mental health, and environmental factors impact a person’s risk for suicide. Discusses how to reach out to depressed clients and how to help clients who are at risk for suicide.
- Identify at least four risk factors that may lead a person to think about, plan, attempt or commit suicide.
- List three warning signs you may observe in suicidal clients.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with depressed or suicidal clients.
- Describe at least five ways you can help with suicide prevention amongst clients.
- Use appropriate referrals and resources to intervene when a client is suicidal and state why it is important to do so.