This inservice gives an overview of different types of sleep disorders including conditions that induce sleep and those that prevent it. Discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatments of sleep disorders. Provides practical tips for helping clients who suffer from sleep disorders and what caregivers can do to encourage a good night’s sleep.
UPDATE! Now includes instructions for operating and cleaning CPAP machines.
- Define the four most common sleep disorders.
- List at least three symptoms for each of the most common sleep disorders.
- Describe the five stages of sleep.
- List at least two possible causes of snoring.
- List at least two ways you can help your clients with the four most common sleep disorders.