This module provides caregivers with a general overview of the common causes of seizures.
This module provides caregivers with a general overview of the common causes of seizures. It includes information about different types of seizures, the prevention and treatment of seizures, and the necessary safety measures for clients – before, during, and after a seizure. The course covers important terms related to seizures, why seizures are increasing among the elderly, and how to help clients manage their seizures.
- Define seizure and describe how recurrent seizures lead to a diagnosis of epilepsy.
- Explain what happens to the body during a seizure and describe what you will do when a seizure happens.
- Compare the symptoms of generalized seizures to symptoms of partial seizures.
- Monitor clients on anti-seizure medication for compliance.
- Demonstrate safety precautions for clients with seizure disorders.