This inservice provides caregivers with information about the various types of pneumonia and how to prevent the spread of the disease.
This inservice provides caregivers with information about the various types of pneumonia, the difference between community and hospital-based pneumonia and how to prevent the spread of this disease. It also covers pneumonia symptoms, treatment, recovery tips and more!
- Describe what happens in the lungs when someone has pneumonia.
- Identify at least six common risk factors that make pneumonia more likely.
- Apply at least four new measures that help prevent pneumonia in clients who are most at risk.
- Monitor clients for typical and atypical symptoms of pneumonia and report observations right away so treatment can be started.
- Discuss at least five ways to help clients recover quickly from pneumonia, without complications.