This inservice provides caregivers with information about the various types of pneumonia, the difference between community and hospital-based pneumonia and how to prevent the spread of this disease. It also covers pneumonia symptoms, treatment, recovery tips and more!
- Describe what happens in the lungs when someone has pneumonia.
- Identify at least six common risk factors that make pneumonia more likely.
- Apply at least four new measures that help prevent pneumonia in clients who are most at risk.
- Monitor clients for typical and atypical symptoms of pneumonia and report observations right away so treatment can be started.
- Discuss at least five ways to help clients recover quickly from pneumonia, without complications.