Understanding Pastoral Care is an important topic for all nursing assistants, aides, and caregivers. It provides information on the definition and history of pastoral care and what happens during a pastoral visit. Caregivers will also learn about common religious rituals, communication tips when discussing spirituality or religion and what their role is in pastoral care. In addition, this topic covers pastoral care at the end of life and how to meet the spiritual needs of clients.
- Describe the purpose of pastoral care.
- List at least three health benefits of participating in religious practices, meditation or prayer.
- Describe what happens during a typical pastoral visit.
- List at least three signs that indicate a client may be in need of pastoral care.
- Describe the caregivers role in pastoral care.