With this course, care professionals will learn about their role in client pain management, including ways to determine if clients are in pain and what kind of barriers may be present that affect pain management. The course offers an overview of pain medications, common non-drug pain treatments, and best practices to prevent and manage pain.
- Describe the caregiver’s role in pain management.
- List at least six ways to tell if someone is in pain.
- Describe at least three non-drug methods for reducing pain.
- Discuss some of the common barriers to pain management and how you can deal with them.
- Demonstrate in your daily work ways to help your clients manage their pain.