A general overview of the different types of kidney problems: the causes, risk factors, symptoms and side effects of the disease. Includes information on kidney stones, dialysis, and renal diets-as well as tips for helping clients who have kidney problems.
- Describe the anatomy of the kidney and discuss the vital role kidneys play in fluid and waste elimination.
- Discuss who is at risk for kidney problems.
- Name at least three types of kidney problems and describe common treatments for kidney disease.
- Discuss at least three things that are limited in the renal diet and explain why the limits are necessary.
- Demonstrate at least six ways you can help clients with kidney disease go about their daily lives.