This inservice contains basic information about heart attacks, including their causes, symptoms, and treatments. Includes tips for how aides can help their clients prevent heart disease, how to recognize the symptoms of a heart attack and how to help clients who are recovering from heart attacks.
- Explain the warning signs of a heart attack.
- Name the three risk factors that CAN’T be changed or controlled.
- Describe the four risk factors that CAN be changed or controlled.
- Explain the relationship between lifestyle and the prevention of a heart attack.
- Discuss at least six ways you can help your clients who have had heart attacks.