This course provides caregivers with an overview of the causes of hearing loss and deafness. It explains how the ear works and how it changes as we get older. Learners will gain practical information about communication devices, the care of hearing aids and tips for working with clients who have some level of hearing loss.
- Compare the three types of hearing loss.
- Name at least three causes of temporary hearing loss.
- Name at least three causes of permanent hearing loss.
- Discuss the proper care for a hearing aid.
- Demonstrate your understanding of hearing disorders throughout your daily care.