This module provides caregivers with an overview of the factors that put clients at risk for falls including age-related factors, medical factors, and environmental factors. It includes ways that employees can help keep high-risk clients safe.
- Discuss how the normal aging process affects a person’s risk of falling.
- List at least three medical fall risk factors.
- Be able to check an environment for potential safety hazards that could lead to a fall.
- Describe at least five ways you can help your clients prevent falls.
- Discuss the proper procedure for reporting a fall.