This caregiver course provides a simple overview of the anatomy and physiology of the eye. Learners will gain knowledge of seven common eye disorders including glaucoma, cataracts, conjunctivitis, macular degeneration, refractory errors, blepharitis, and dry eye syndrome. This module also focuses on systemic diseases that affect the eye, the causes of blindness, and how to help their clients maintain healthy eyes.
- Discuss at least four common eye disorders.
- Name at least two chronic conditions that affect the health of the eye.
- List at least six symptoms of eye disorders that should be reported.
- Describe how you can help your clients maintain healthy eyes.
- Demonstrate your ability to work with visually impaired clients.