This course gives caregivers an overview of domestic abuse, including who is at risk, why people become abusers and the types of domestic abuse. It discusses the early warning signs of domestic violence and both the emotional and physical effects it can cause. Caregivers will learn how domestic violence can affect the workplace and how they can support victims of domestic violence, whether they are clients or co-workers.
- Define domestic abuse.
- Name at least three factors that put a person at risk for domestic violence.
- Discuss the four main types of domestic abuse.
- Name at least ten emotional and/or physical effects of domestic violence.
- Discuss why domestic abuse is a workplace issue.
- Describe at least two ways to help a victim of domestic violence.