An overview for caregivers of the different types of diabetes, the causes, risk factors, symptoms, and treatments. The course includes information about short and long-term complications, some basic facts about insulin, and how caregivers can help clients manage their diabetes.
- Describe the connection between insulin and diabetes.
- Name at least five symptoms of diabetes.
- Discuss how to help diabetic clients prevent hypoglycemia.
- Describe how diet, exercise, and medications work together to treat diabetes.
- Demonstrate how you can help your clients prevent diabetic complications.