An overview for caregivers of the different types of diabetes, the causes, risk factors, symptoms and treatments.
An overview for caregivers of the different types of diabetes, the causes, risk factors, symptoms, and treatments. The course includes information about short and long-term complications, some basic facts about insulin, and how caregivers can help clients manage their diabetes.
- Describe the connection between insulin and diabetes.
- Name at least five symptoms of diabetes.
- Discuss how to help diabetic clients prevent hypoglycemia.
- Describe how diet, exercise, and medications work together to treat diabetes.
- Demonstrate how you can help your clients prevent diabetic complications.