This course gives caregivers an overview of the main types and symptoms of depression. It discusses how depression affects people across the lifespan. Caregivers will learn how to communicate with depressed clients, how to recognize and deal with suicidal thoughts and how to give quality daily care to depressed clients.
- Discuss the conditions that must be met for a formal diagnosis of depression.
- Compare how each of the various types of depression looks and feel differently.
- List at least three risk factors for depression.
- Discuss the most common treatments for depression and list their side effects.
- List at least five important skills needed for working with depressed clients.