This course offers insight into how simple infections, like UTIs, can lead to delirium–and what caregivers can do to help prevent it from happening.
- Define delirium and discuss at least six triggers that can cause it.
- Recognize and report the early signs of delirium.
- Discuss the characteristics that distinguish delirium from dementia and depression.
- Communicate effectively with clients experiencing hallucinations or delusions as a result of delirium.
- List at least three things they can do to keep clients safe during an episode of delirium.