An overview of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, including its causes, symptoms and treatments…and what the disease does to healthy lungs. This module contains tips for how caregivers can help people with COPD with correct inhaler use, oxygen safety, nutrition, smoking cessation and energy conservation.
- Discuss the anatomy of the lungs and the importance of oxygen in the body.
- Discuss the definition of COPD–including chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Describe the four main symptoms of COPD and list at least four other symptoms.
- List at least three factors that can cause COPD.
- Describe at least six ways you can help you COPD clients in their everyday lives.