An overview of phobias–the most common mental disorder in the United States. Includes information on the three main types of phobias, the top ten most common phobias and common methods used for treating phobias.
- Explain the difference between a fear and a phobia.
- Describe the three main types of phobias.
- List at least three possible causes of phobias.
- Name at least two emotional, two physical and two mental symptoms of phobias.
- Discuss at least four methods for treating phobias.
- Demonstrate their understanding of phobias during their daily work with clients.