A general overview for caregivers of cancer, its risk factors, symptoms, and treatments. This module reviews nutritional and emotional concerns and highlights the four most common cancers. Includes tips for what caregivers can do to help people with cancer.
- Define common terms and stages associated with cancer.
- List and discuss the top five causes of cancer in the United States.
- Describe how to care for someone undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Describe the side effects associated with cancer treatment and how you can help.
- Describe how you can help with the pain and emotional distress caused by cancer.