This inservice provides caregivers with an overview of how C. difficile bacteria travel, risk factors that can increase a client’s chances of infection, symptoms, and complications, and more. Caregivers will learn how to help prevent the spread during their daily work by utilizing contact precautions.
- Describe how C. difficile bacteria are spread.
- Name at least five risk factors for C. difficile infection.
- Describe at least three symptoms and two complications of a C. difficile infection.
- Discuss three ways that you can help prevent the spread of C. diff.
- Demonstrate your understanding of contact precautions when working with clients infected with C. difficile.