Understanding Blood Sugar
Descriptive information about the relationship between blood sugar levels and diabetes.
Diabetes often goes undiagnosed because many of its symptoms seem so harmless. Often people have no symptoms at all. Unfortunately, the damage caused by uncontrolled blood sugar can lead to serious health problems. This topic includes pertinent information for caregivers all about blood sugar and how they can help clients learn to control it and continue to live healthier lives.
- Describe how sugar builds up in the blood and what symptoms it can cause.
- Compare the signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia to hypoglycemia.
- Discuss at least three benefits of monitoring blood sugar.
- Discuss the importance of nutrition, exercise, and medication in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Demonstrate the proper technique for checking blood sugar levels and/or helping clients keep track of their own blood sugar.