This course provides caregivers with an overview of the autism spectrum and the disorders included under this “umbrella.” It discusses the possible causes of autism and the impact of early diagnosis/intervention. Caregivers will learn about how it is to age with autism and what they can do to help clients with behavior, communication, and sensory issues.
- Name and describe the three main signs or symptoms of autism.
- Explain at least three methods used to treat autism.
- Discuss the importance of early intervention for autistic children.
- Give at least 2 examples each of how to help clients with autism overcome challenges with communication, social differences, and sensory differences.
- Demonstrate compassion and competence in their daily work with clients who have autism.