This course provides an overview of the problem of abuse, including elder, child, physical, emotional, financial and sexual abuse. Caregivers will learn how to prevent abuse, signs of abuse and how to report their observations/suspicions.
- List at least three common types of abuse seen in children and the elderly.
- Explain why children and the elderly are most at risk for being victims of abuse.
- Name at least three signs (each) that may mean a client is being physically, emotionally, sexually or financially abused.
- Explain how health care workers can help prevent abuse.
- Describe the process at your workplace for recognizing and reporting abuse.