This inservice offers a reminder of how important elimination is to health and well being. It provides information about common disorders of the bowel and the urinary system, urinary catheters, incontinence and bladder, and bowel retraining. It also discusses toileting immobile clients and clients with dementia. Gives general toileting tips as well as tips for keeping the bathroom safe.
- Describe at least three measures to take to make the bathroom a safer place.
- List the four qualities that must be observed and reported about urine.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal urine and feces and know when and why it is important to report.
- Discuss the importance of good hygiene for both continent and incontinent clients.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and maintain clients’ dignity and independence while meeting elimination needs.