This course provides caregivers with a general overview of state and private accreditation surveys (such as Joint Commission). It includes the “who, what, when, where and why” of the survey process and discusses how caregivers can prepare for and participate in a survey. The course provides tips for giving high-quality care all year long–whether or not a surveyor is expected!
- Describe the purpose of the healthcare survey, recognizing the difference between a mandatory survey and a voluntary accreditation survey.
- Discuss the consequences of a poor survey.
- Name the four basic steps that surveyors follow when conducting a survey.
- Discuss at least five key issues that surveyors focus on during a survey.
- Demonstrate in your daily work that you are prepared for a health care survey.