The Five Domains of Pain
A lesson on the five domains of pain and how caregivers can help clients who may be experiencing them.
Chronic pain, long-term illness, and terminal diseases, like cancer, can all lead a person to experience physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual pain. These illnesses can also place a strain on family relationships. This course is a lesson on these five domains of pain and offers your caregivers tips on how to help clients experiencing them.
- List the five domains of pain.
- Describe how each of the five domains is affected by pain, illness or terminal diagnosis.
- List at least three ways to help someone cope with 1) physical and 2) emotional pain.
- List at least three ways to help someone cope with 1) spiritual pain and 2) relationship strains.
- Demonstrate empathy and positive coping strategies when working with clients who are experiencing the five domains of pain.