An overview of the care planning process including the purpose of a care plan, the “anatomy” of a care plan and how the nursing process relates to the care plan process. Discusses both MDS and Oasis care plans and provides tips for how caregivers can contribute to the care planning process.
- Discuss the purpose of a care plan.
- Describe three main parts of the care plan and what information is included in each part.
- Explain how the nursing process relates to the care plan process.
- Discuss the importance of thorough and accurate documentation of care plan interventions.
- Describe the importance of observation in the care plan process.