This course provides a general overview of the basic principles and procedures of medication administration. Caregivers will gain a deeper understanding of this issue and those paraprofessionals who are allowed by state law to administer medications will review vital information and add to their knowledge base.
- Discuss the importance of administering medications correctly.
- Name the six rights of medication administration.
- Describe at least four routes for administering medication.
- Discuss the difference between administering drugs and assisting a client with medications.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of safe medication administration in your daily work and in your documentation.