Being a professional is more than just having an education, some experience, and a regular paycheck. People are professionals–in any field–when they have specific attitudes and behaviors–such as self-respect, respect for others, accountability, reliability, and integrity. This course serves as a review of these attitudes and behaviors and how your caregivers can put them into action during their daily work.
- Discuss the attitudes and behaviors necessary for being a professional.
- Outline the standard professional dress code for all caregivers.
- List at least 3 ways they can show respect for their clients and their clients’ families.
- Identify the behaviors that indicate when a person has accountability, reliability, and integrity.
- Demonstrate professional attitudes and behaviors in their daily work with clients, their clients’ families, their co-workers, and their supervisor.