This module gives caregivers a review of spinal anatomy and explains why healthcare workers are at high risk for back injuries. It provides information on the two main types of back injuries, how to prevent back injuries, tips for maintaining a healthy back, what to do if a back injury occurs at work, and how back injuries are generally treated. Great employee health information!
- Name at least four factors that put people at risk for back problems.
- Describe two common back problems.
- Discuss at least three ways that back pain is treated.
- Describe the three natural curves of the spine and how they relate to posture.
- Demonstrate correct posture and body mechanics as they function in their job.