This inservice provides caregivers with a review of the importance of quality improvement to healthcare organizations. The course defines quality, covers the history of quality improvement, outlines the four basic steps of a quality improvement program and discusses the benefits of QI to the organization, the employees and the clients. Learners will also review how to measure quality and understand why making changes in the healthcare workplace is so vital.
- Define quality, especially as it applies to client care.
- Explain why quality improvement is an important function at every health care organization.
- Describe the four basic steps of the QI process.
- Name at least six benefits of a quality improvement program.
- Demonstrate your commitment to QI by participating in studies, attending meetings and proposing creative solutions to problems you see in your daily routine.