A lesson for caregivers about influenza that teaches the difference between a cold, the flu and pneumonia. Includes information about who is at risk for the flu and tips for protecting clients from the flu. AN IMPORTANT SEASONAL REVIEW!
- Name at least five different symptoms that arise from the flu.
- List three ways to help protect your client during flu season.
- Discuss the difference between a cold, the flu and pneumonia.
- Discuss who should get an annual flu vaccine and why.
- Use appropriate infection control precautions in your daily work to help prevent the spread of the flu.