This course includes information on types of medical errors, the factors that contribute to mistakes and how caregivers can take an active role in reducing medical errors on the job, especially with pressure injuries, falls, wandering clients, and healthcare-acquired infections. Includes information on reporting medical errors and the importance of learning from mistakes.
- Discuss the meaning of the term “medical error.”
- Name at least three categories of medical errors.
- List at least six factors that contribute to medical errors.
- Describe at least five ways in which caregivers can help prevent medical errors.
- Demonstrate your understanding of medical error prevention during your daily work.