This course covers the age-related changes that can impact nutrition and explains the Modified Food Pyramid for Older Adults. Caregivers will gain a review of the role of calories, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, protein and dairy foods. This module provides information on the special nutrient needs of the elderly and how to prepare/serve good food on a tight budget. Filled with numerous tips to help caregivers support their clients’ nutritional status.
- List at least 3 age-related changes that impact nutrition in the elderly.
- Describe the nutritional needs outlined in the Modified Pyramid for Older Adults.
- List foods that provide calcium, vitamin B12, fiber and/or potassium.
- Follow a nutritious food plan on a tight budget.
- Help their clients meet the nutritional requirements for older adults.