This course offers caregivers tips to help plan, prepare, and serve delicious and nutritious meals for diabetic clients.
- Describe the basic principles of the diabetic diet.
- Choose appropriate foods for diabetic clients by reading and understanding common terms on typical food labels.
- Distinguish between three types of diabetic eating plans; the exchange plan, counting cards, and the healthy plate plan.
- Discuss the differences between good carbs and bad carbs.
- Plan, prepare and serve nutritious meals appropriate for diabetic clients in your daily work.