Important Vaccines for Older Adults
A review for caregivers all about preventing diseases with vaccines and the importance of vaccines for older adults.
Vaccinations aren’t just for kids! Are your caregivers in the know about vaccines for older adults? This inservice provides information on vaccines for the flu, shingles, pneumococcal disease, TDaP, hepatitis A & B and meningitis. Your caregivers will also learn about how vaccines work, herd immunity and what to watch for after a client is vaccinated.
- Discuss the importance of vaccines for older adults.
- Describe how vaccines help the body develop immunity to certain diseases.
- List at least four vaccine-preventable diseases most older adults should be protected against.
- Discuss the concept of “herd immunity” and explain how a “break” in it can lead to outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Provide sound advice to older adults regarding the safety and necessity of vaccines.