Vaccinations aren’t just for kids! Are your caregivers in the know about vaccines for older adults? This inservice provides information on vaccines for the flu, shingles, pneumococcal disease, TDaP, hepatitis A & B and meningitis. Your caregivers will also learn about how vaccines work, herd immunity and what to watch for after a client is vaccinated.
- Discuss the importance of vaccines for older adults.
- Describe how vaccines help the body develop immunity to certain diseases.
- List at least four vaccine-preventable diseases most older adults should be protected against.
- Discuss the concept of “herd immunity” and explain how a “break” in it can lead to outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Provide sound advice to older adults regarding the safety and necessity of vaccines.