This lesson covers basic wound pathophysiology and the healing process for different types of wounds. Reviews basic care considerations (applicable to paraprofessionals) as well as nutritional concerns.
- State at least five functions of the skin.
- Describe at least six different types of wounds.
- Discuss at least six different treatments for wounds.
- Describe at least six factors that can prevent wounds from healing.
- Demonstrate in your daily work ways that you can help your clients heal their wounds.