An overview of how setting and following priorities helps reduce stress and improve client care. Includes a review of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and discusses how it relates to setting priorities. Provides information on caring for difficult clients, setting goals and staying on focus throughout the workday.
- State at least two reasons why prioritizing your work is important.
- Outline Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs theory and explain how you can use it to prioritize your work.
- Explain how prioritizing can help you deal with a difficult client.
- Discuss how setting goals and creating “to do” lists can help you prioritize your work.
- Develop your own flexible, prioritized daily work schedule that is unique to your working environment.