“Light housekeeping” is a common part of a home care or hospice client’s plan of care. But what does that really mean? This course spells it out and includes information about cleaning supplies, tips for efficient and effective cleaning, doing laundry and stopping the spread of infection.
- Describe exactly what is expected when “light housekeeping” duties are assigned.
- Develop a clear and logical housekeeping schedule that is both thorough and flexible.
- List at least 5 important duties that are essential to keeping a client’s kitchen clean, safe and healthy.
- Outline the steps involved in cleaning a bathroom.
- Demonstrate at least 3 ways to modify cleaning methods when the client has an infectious disease.