This 30 min (0.5 CEU) course provides an overview of the caregiver’s role in providing medication reminders for clients who take self-administered medications at home. It is chock-full of real-world scenarios intended to enhance safety and adherence while assisting clients in this pursuit. Please note: The caregiver’s role in providing medication reminders varies from state to state and from organization to organization. It is the learner’s responsibility to know what his or her state and organization allow in this role.
Upon completion, learners will be able to:
- Describe the role of the caregiver as it pertains to medication reminders.
- Define polypharmacy and the risks associated with it.
- Support clients and families in creating a meaningful medication routine.
- List at least two critical pieces of information you should know about each of your client’s medications.
- Document and report activities related to medication reminders, per your workplace policy.